Friday, January 04, 2008

Sometimes When I Look at Canada in Winter...











I want to go back to bed. It was so cold last night the top of the Big Dick froze and fell off. And can you BELIEVE those icebergs?

Just like sometimes I can't face the morning rush hour.














It's just TOO brutal. If winter doesn't get you.... the sausage dog will.

And then there's the DANGEROUS state of our roads.



















I KNOW there are no cars...and it's DEFINITELY not as cold as Saskatchewan. As a Montrealer I do think Sean has a point.

But dude here's the problem ..... the neighbourhood drunk at the top of the picture has been reduced to crawling on all fours over the icy bridge.

He thinks it's pretty damm cold. And if you disagree with him...or try to help him...he punches you. So nobody does.

Oh yeah.Sometimes I miss summer so much...














I wish I didn't live here.

Why can't I dwell in a land of palm trees and balmy breezes?

Instead of this frozen hell.

But then.... it gets soooooo cold.... the canal freezes...













So Sébastien and I can skate on it.

Like we used to do on Beaver Lake.

Or play hockey... with the other guys.











While the little guys wait their turn. And the snow keeps coming down.

Then suddenly I don't want to live in ANY other country in the world.

Can you believe it ? Am I LOSING my mind?

Winter in Canada? No problem.

Bring it on...

..........................................................................

P.S. Sean...I'm afraid I've got BAD news for you. Temperatures here are supposed to rise into the double digits ...or almost... next week.

So brace yourself for more breathless CBC stories.

Extra!!!! Extra !!!!!

KILLER HEATWAVE hits Toronto!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Sean S. said...

Hey MS,

Born and raised in hamilton, Ontario. I was once one of those who complained about the cold...but a winter of -30C, -40C with the windchill changed all that. I agree, there is nothing like winter in Canada, regardless of where you live.