Saturday, March 28, 2009

Earth Hour and the Light of our Arses















Well in a few hours it will Earth Hour.

And I'm not quite sure what to make of it. On the one hand it's just a big and short publicity stunt. On the other hand I'll take ANY excuse to put out the lights and party on a Saturday night.

Billions of people can't be wrong eh?

And it does remind us all, if only for a moment, how much we depend on electricity. How much we take it for granted. And what would happen if the lights went out.

And stayed out.

Over the last few decades, western civilisations have busily sown the seeds of their own destruction. Our modern way of life, with its reliance on technology, has unwittingly exposed us to an extraordinary danger: plasma balls spewed from the surface of the sun could wipe out our power grids, with catastrophic consequences.

Which is yet another reason for everyone to think a lot more about how to conserve electricity .... and clean up the environment all year long.

Like my favourite hospital is doing.

Because where do we think the Light of Life comes from?

Our arses?




Damn. Now that's something EVERYONE can do....um....you know buy energy efficient light bulbs.

And it does cheer me up.

Now I know if the Great Darkness comes all I need is Ezra Levant .... or Kathy Shaidle.... as my BIG ARSE bicycle light. And I could RULE THE WORLD !!!!!!!

Which would be almost worth the inconvenience of having to peddle my computer. And hunt humans for FOOD.

Hey don't forget to have fun...AND save the planet eh?

Happy Earth Hour everyone !!!

No comments: