Friday, May 29, 2009

Proposition 8 and My Big Gay Shrug

I see that just days after their latest Proposition 8 victory in California, the Christianist bigots at the National Organization for Marriage have released another disgusting video.

Accusing gay people of threatening children.




Which is not only disgusting and evil, it's also ABSURD.

Because why would gay people threaten the young like these hatemongers do? When the kids are on our side.

Ask them, in your most panicky, alarmist, Mormonified voice: Aren't they horrified at the very idea? Aren't they shocked at the very thought of two people in love having their union officially recognized and validated by the state?

Please note the response. Please observe how the kids merely look at you as though you're more than a little bit deranged and prehistoric, so out of touch you might as well be Dick Cheney talking up the diesel-powered rectal thermometers he so loved back in World War I.

Here is what it tells you: Gay marriage is a foregone conclusion. It's a done deal. It's just a matter of time. For the next generation in particular, equal rights for gays is not even a question or a serious issue, much less a sinful hysterical conundrum that can only be answered by terrified Mormons and confused old people and inane referendums funded by same. It's just obvious, inevitable, a given.


Which is just what I say all the time eh? The future will be brighter.

In the meantime I hear the Christianist bigots had a victory rally.

And it was a DISASTER....




Yeah how WOULD you feel?

I can tell you that right now this lover boy feels he's lucky he's made it to Friday. Because I have to admit I've been feeling a bit discouraged.

But I've been practicing my big gay shrug.

And I'm pretty confident the future weekend belongs to us...


















Have a great one everybody !!

No comments: