Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Stephen Harper and the Piano Man















A few days ago I told you how I felt when I read that not only was Stephen Harper still claiming to be writing The Nerds Guide to Hockey, but now he's also claiming to be transported by music.

“When I play the piano, I become very involved emotionally, I'm no longer the same person. It's not just a hobby,” Mr. Harper said.

Like play me another one eh? First he says God tells him what to do. Now he claims he's HUMAN?

So you can imagine how horrified I was to read this.

...There he was, playing ever more earnestly on the piano. He picked up tempo and volume for a few moments, tapping his foot under the piano bench, before turning around to look at everyone watching him. "Recognize the tune?"

No one said anything for a moment. "Gimme Shelter," said Sun Media photographer Bob Tymczysyn. Harper grinned, nodded and said, "Rolling Stones!" and turned back to the piano to keep playing.

OMG. Gimme a break. How could he choose that great tune ? Isn't Sympathy for the Devil more his kind of song?

Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name, oh yeah
But what's confusing you
Is just the nature of my game

Then I read the lyrics.

Oh, a storm is threatening
My very life today
If I dont get some shelter
Oh yeah, Im gonna fade away
Rape, murder! Its just a shot away
Its just a shot away...

And it all made sense. That's exactly the kind of song I would expect Great Musical Leader to play...when he's pretending to be a nice guy. Huh?

SCARY.

So I guess if we don't want to see him playing that song like a madman, with a majority under his belt.

While Canada burns.


We're going to have to get him to play this song in a hurry...




Although I laugh and I act like a clown
Beneath this mask I am wearing a frown
I'm a loser I'm a loser
And I'm not what I appear to be...


Because that's it eh? The story of the next election.

Who will reveal the REAL Harper? Who will unmask this sinister klown?

Before it's too late ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

f you