Monday, February 22, 2010

Vic Toews and the Theocon Conspiracy




















Golly. And to think I used to believe it was a marriage made in Hell.

When I should have realized Great Ugly ,Hockey Mom ,Desperate Leader was a genius for promoting the reactionary redneck Vic Toews to be our new Public Safety Minister.

Because only a Christianist pig like Toews would have the nerve to defend the unholy union of the corrupt Porky Action Plan AND the secret plan to turn Canada into a theocracy.

Praise the Oink !!!

And only a Con fascist could turn it into a law and order issue.

"It appears to me Pat Martin doesn't have a problem with allowing gangs to recruit in his riding, but when it comes to Youth For Christ offering programs, he suddenly has a problem with it," Toews said.

Mein Gott. I know he was born in Paraguay, but will somebody please tell that crazy religious thug that this is Canada... not a Mennonite colony.

Or ask that wretched bigot why our tax dollars are being used to fund a proselytizing Christianist youth organization, that could discriminate against gay youth? When they make up about about thirty percent of street kids.

Especially since when he wasn't comparing gay marriage to a "Black Mass", that hideous homophobe used to spend all his time arguing that religious groups should have the right NOT to serve gay people.

And the even bigger issue is this one.

It's the concern Harper, given a majority government, would try to overlay his religious values on the laws of the land, in the process blurring the line that is supposed to separate church and state.

When funded by government, projects such as the Youth for Christ centre step right over that line.

All of which suggests what is of even more concern than this taxpayer-backed, faith-based youth centre.

A faith-based Canadian government.

Exactly.

Which is why I believe the MSM should finally start connecting the dots, and asking Stephen Harper why government policy is being made to conform with his wacko religious views.

The Alliance Church, to which Harper has belonged for decades, believes Jesus Christ will return to Earth in an apocalypse, won't ordain women, strongly opposes abortion and divorce, condemns homosexuality as the most base of sins and believes those who aren't born again are lost.

Because it's about time.

And every Canadian deserves to know BEFORE the next election.

Who is really running Canada?

6 comments:

penlan said...

"..., in the process blurring the line that is supposed to separate church and state."

We don't have that supposed law here in Canada. There is nothing, anywhere, about that in our govt. system laws/acts. It's purely an American Constitutional law.

So, unfortunately, there is nothing that can be done about the uniting of the 2 - church & state. The only thing we can do at this time is vote these bastards out of office & into oblivion.

Anonymous said...

It's time we had that law, it's obviously important because I foresee another 2 Con minorities.

Actually to be honest, when I first read that story my first thought was the fuckers want to recruit and fatten the cannon fodder of our military!

Tom said...

Maybe nobody with any association to any church should be allowed to run for parliament. But wait a minute, Iggy follows an established religeon! I know, any Conservative with any association ....
Liberals should be allowed to do whatever they want. BTW why have elections at all?

Simon said...

hi Penlan...yes I know that unfortunately it`s not in our Constitution. But I still think that if Canadians realized how many decisions are being made for religious reasons they would be appalled, and would trust Harper even less than they do right now.
But you`re right about the solution. Those bastards have GOTTA go... :)

Simon said...

hi Toe...

``I foresee another 2 Con minorities.``

I see you`re trying to cheer me up again... ;)

Seriously though, I do too unless progressives in this country unite.

Harper`s numbers can only fall to a certain point, and after that it`s up to us to put our political differences aside.

But as I told penlan this issue can still hurt him and hopefully will motivate decent Canadians to do the right and smart thing...

Simon said...

hi Tom...I`m not suggesting that religious people should be kept out of Parliament. My objections to what the Cons are doing has nothing to do with their religious beliefs...even if I don`t share them.
I do believe in freedom of religion and I also know some very decent religious people...including my mum. ;)
What I do object to is secretly basing their actions on those beliefs, when during the election campaign they never said they would do that.
Because if they had I`m sure they wouldn`t be our government.