Monday, March 08, 2010

Stephen Harper and the Pig's Head













When I watched Question Period today and I saw Stephen Harper and his Cons making torture sound like a joke.

Or insist that his misogynistic religious fanatics are helping women, on International Women's day, when they have assaulted the rights of Canadian women from the moment they came to office.

And I read how Jason Kenney is being allowed to get away with murder.

Immigration Minister Jason Kenney denies the omission was deliberate and has promised to correct the mistake.

We're inclined to believe him, considering the bold tone of the 2010 guide
.

Even though it WAS deliberate.


When I saw how impotent our opposition leaders looked, even though they represent many more Canadians than the Cons ever will.

Even though we could be heading for an early election.

I felt dizzy like that other Simon in the Lord of the Flies did when he stared at the pig's head...
















And realized who the monster was. And what he was doing to Canadians.

Who would have thought that so many Canadians would buy into the government's phony law 'n order agenda...But the law 'n order campaign itself has worked. It's conned Canadians into believing there's reason to be afraid.

For the first time in years, a majority of Canadians approve the death penalty, a coarsening of public sensibilities that seemed almost impossible

And what he could do to our country:

If a government that has the backing of less than a third of Canadians, a Prime Minister who is resented for his inability to resist the low road and the low blow, a leader who ditches absolute commitments without batting an eyelash, who has humiliated the institutions of Parliament, the Supreme Court and the Governor-General, whose economic “expertise” embarrasses economists and whose foreign policy is driven by ignorance and prejudice – what further changes to our national values can he get away with?

And who in the world is going to stop him?


All I could say.... when I recovered from my dizzy spell ....was the truth will set us free eh?

And Gerald Caplan is wrong about one thing.There is something we can do. We can put our tortured Canada before our political parties, and form a strong coalition to drive these Cons from power.

It's really quite simple. Either we do that or we watch our beautiful country slowly being corrupted and destroyed. Watch the flies crawl up the pig's nose.

While we sit on our asses, flip through the ugly channels of Con Canada.

And scream, and scream and SCREAM...



Yup. Isn't it time to change the channel and do something DIFFERENT ?

Organize, UNITE, get ready to fight. Our country is screaming for help.

And time is running out....

14 comments:

Oemissions said...

I am a Coalitionist.

Greg said...

I am a Coalitionist.

Iggy isn't.

Anonymous said...

Simon,
Why are you so negative about everything that is happening around you??
Conservatives are not locking up homosexuals in mental institutions as Liberals used to do not so long ago in Canada.

They are not throwing homosexuals in jail as Liberals used to do not so long ago in Canada.

Conservatives do admit that we keep and tolerate homosexuals in Canada something Liberals would never have admited not so long ago in Canada. So what is your beef with conservatives anyway??

Erico said...

Thank god they want to "keep and tolerate" us, like we tolerate the trolls.

Omar said...

To keep and tolerate? I dunno, that's not exactly a motto I'd be too terrible proud of anonymous. How about to 'accept and love'? Yeah, I think that works better. 100% beef free!

Simon said...

hi Oemissions...so am I. Times change and progressives must change with them. Ever since the Bloc became the home team for Quebecers, and the right united, the die has been cast. Adapt or lose...

Simon said...

hi Greg...yes I know he isn't and chalk that up as one more disappointing thing about him. But the I feel that the need to change must come from below the party level. And nothing can change the fact that the Liberals are not going anywhere, neither is the NDP, and until the day that they can agree on a working relationship the Cons will always be within reach of a majority. And something radical needs to be done because this country can't stand much more of Con rule...

Simon said...

hi anonymous...first of all I am not a Liberal, I'm a non partisan progressive who marches to his own drum.
Secondly I don't need anyone to tolerate me or keep me, I simply want the same rights as anybody else...and an end to prejudice and discrimination.
Thirdly I don't hate all Conservatives. How could I when my dad is one, and the most decent politician I have ever met is Joe Clark?
I just hate the Harper Cons for their theocon reactionary ideology, and above all for the way they have behaved since they came to office.
They were the ones who attacked their opponents like animals. I did the same as I did when I was confronted with bullies in school. At first I tried to reason with them, and then I decided to give them a taste of their own medicine...

Simon said...

hi Erico...EXACTLY. Although I hope you're not insinuating I'm too soft on trolls... ;)

Simon said...

hi Omar... To accept and love. I like that a lot. Anonymous will never believe me but I am struggling for a world where love RULES, and everyone respects EVERYONE...

Anonymous said...

Hi Simon,
So your dad is a Conservative and he booted you out of his house as soon as he learned that you are gay.

That explains many things; your rabid hate of all people who do not accept gays and conservatives in particular.
Instead of fighting demons of your past and projecting on everybody the hate that you have for your father you might consider visiting his house at night and pissing on his doorstep. This way you would take your hate back where it belongs.
A far as love goes you are what we call bottomless pot.You have such a big hole in your heart because you have suffered a rejection by your own father that no amount of love will ever be enough for you. You will always take and never give back as you have no love in you and this is why Sebasian will leave you one day as you are in effect an emotional vampire who feeds on other people love and leave tham all dried up same way vampire feeds on other people's blood and dries them all up.
I do feel sorry for you Simon as you will die alone as a bitter man

Oemissions said...

Anonymous: that is one of the most bitter comments I have ever read

Simon said...

hi anonymous...well what a nasty little comment even by your standards. But as usual you got everything WRONG.
My dad is a Conservative in Scotland where their leader David Cameron just announced a whole slate of gay candidates.
He's also an extremely decent man who far from rejecting me made me feel like a special member of the family, and still spoils me rotten.
And as for Sebastien...maybe one day he will leave me. But judging from the way he's been treating me since he returned from Haiti, that won't be for at least another fourteen years... ;)
You see anonymous I am an extremely happy person, I love life, and as any of my friends will tell you I always walk around with a big smile on my face, and am always making them laugh.
So if I was you anonymous I'd feel really sorry for myself, because you could be as happy as I am if you came out of the closet.
But you're probably too cowardly and bitter to do that, so enjoy your miserable life because that's all you are going to have...

Simon said...

hi Oemissions...yes it is a bitter comment isn't it? And as I pointed out to anonymous it says more about him than it does about me.
So although I do dislike his horrible comments, I do feel sorry for him.Because like all of us he had only one life and he really blew it...