Sunday, January 09, 2011

Gabrielle Giffords and the Gay Intern













I must admit I had never heard of Gabrielle Giffords before she was shot. I don't follow American politics that closely.

I can't eh? Not when I have to worry about waking up every day in Stephen Harper's Insane Con Klown Canada.

But the more I read about Gifford, the more I liked her.

And then I saw this picture of an Arizona sunset on the day the bigot law Don't Ask Don't Tell was repealed...

















That she posted on Twitter along with this message.





And I liked her even more.

So I thought it was really neat that her 20-year-old gay intern may have helped save her life, and was able to console her in the ambulance.

So what's being a hero got to do with being gay? Nothing really. But I sure love the karma. Helping a friend who helped us fight the bigots and the violent. At the worst moment in her life.

Which is why I thought this was the best news today.

Doctors said they were "very, very encouraged" by her ability to respond to simple commands along with their success in controlling her bleeding.

"When you get shot in the head and the bullet goes through your brain, the chances of you living is very small and the chances of you waking up and actually following commands is even much smaller than that. Hopefully. it will stay that way."

She's in a medically induced coma, so she doesn't know how many people all over the world are pulling for her. How many friends she has. But I bet there are a lot of them.

And what more can you say eh?

Except go Gabrielle GO.

Let's NEVER let Stephen Harper turn us into that kind of gun crazy country.

And in the horror that is America these days.

How precious are the GOOD...

--------------------------------------------------

Recommend this post at Progressive Bloggers.

4 comments:

Oemissions said...

very nice Simon reading it cheered me up
and so did this:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/anne-howard/elegy-for-a-9yearold_b_806509.html

Bina said...

Love repays love; good repays good. Karma.

Simon said...

hi Oemissions...thanks and thank you for that Huff Post article. I thought it was brilliant and I absolutely love this:

The kind of love I'm talking about is tender, and it's fierce...

And if we harness it we can change the world..

Simon said...

hi Bina...absolutely...and for Stephen Harper and his rotten Cons and all other fascists, it's exactly the opposite... ;)