Saturday, June 09, 2007

Paris Hilton and the Bye Bye Video
















You know we live in a celebrity crazed culture when this shot of Paris Hilton sobbing in the back of a police cruiser is THE picture of the day. And her pathetic performance in court is the biggest news story in the world.

Paris Hilton was sent screaming and crying back to jail Friday after a judge ruled that she must serve out her sentence behind bars rather than in the comfort of her Hollywood Hills home.

OMFG. I take back all the good things I said about her yesterday. She really is a stupid no talent little rich girl...as well as a drunken slut.


Then there's the G8 Conference in Europe. The leaders aren't willing to take global problems seriously. The whole meeting was a farce. So who does the media go to for that message? Bono and Geldof.

Give me a break. If I see another millionaire rock star with shades.....or some other clueless so-called celebrity nattering on pompously and sanctimoniously about ANYTHING I think I'll vomit.

And then there was that other Big Story today that crowded out far more important ones.

The sad case of this dum homophobe

















I've written about Washington before so I'm not going to repeat myself. I was actually hoping he would get another chance. Until I read this:

(His publicist) said Washington was unavailable for comment on Friday, and issued a statement on the actor's behalf quoting from the movie "Network:" "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore."

And I changed my mind...

The good news is that he says he intends to continue his charity work in Sierra Leone... which a DNA test showed to be his ancestral home. Which means that with a little luck we should never hear from him again.

Which made me think....wouldn't it be nice if ALL these dum celebrities would just fuck off. Evacuate the public space. So the media wouldn't cover them all the time. And could concentrate on more important things.

Wouldn't it be great if we could send them ALL the bye bye message that this guy has for Paris Hilton....




Good luck....The planet is burning, but we're drowning in mindless celebrity worship. The media bombards us with stupid stories instead of important ones. Our attention spans are shrinking. We're getting dummer by the day.

But don't worry about about ANYTHING....not even Paris. She'll be out in forty days with a Prison Diary. And be bigger than ever. Isn't it a crazy world? When is dum just dum?

And when is it dangerous?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It may not be dangerous but it sure is stupid. We all need something to escape into, but Paris? Please, she contributes nothing to the world, she represents nothing more than immature selfishness as witnessed by that photo of her in a cop car, makes me want to slap her.

Love the video, it's going on my blog.

Anonymous said...

Poor Paris, I kind of feel sorry for her in a compassionate way, born to all that wealth and opportunity. Becoming a celebrity, bought and paid for by her parents wealth. No talent, no real charisma, just an average person like the rest of us. Hope she writes a book about her jail experience. It's bound to be a million seller, just like her "singing: cd. As for Isaiah, one should not throw stones when one lives in a glass house. Good to see some accountability for homophobic slurs, now if that would just apply to bigoted phoney preachers and opportunistic politicians, the world would be a better place.

Anonymous said...

wrap her in a carpet and through her off a bridge.

option 1: she's spazzing b/c she is a spoiled little bitch.

option 2: she's spazzing, and it's just her faking the symptoms of mental illness in an attempt to get out of some or all of her sentence.

option 3: it's genuine mental illness, possibly undiagnosed,and part of why she drinks, fucks, etc is an attempt to self-medicate

option 4: forced detox. 3 days, or thereabouts, is when it starts to get really not fun.

option 5: mix & match 1 through 4.

Anonymous said...

yea, seriously eh? I have no idea how coverage of celebreties gets people off. i mean, there are so many more important issues, and we talk about the lives of celebrities? like seriously, butt out of their lives, who friggen cares!

Simon said...

Hi Bruce!! I didn't mean that the paris story is dangerous...just that our fixation with celebrity fluff and weird stories (even the BBC has a weird story section now) is taking attention away from other stories. And then there's the fragmentation of news itself. Where everything is a random event and nobody connects the dots. As for Paris I actually feel sorry for her now. As one human to another I hope this time in jail will help her get her life together. Coz right now she's a MESS!

Hi Waterboy!! I agree with everything you say. She obviously needs treatment...and the media has to take its big share of responsibility. The whole celebrity industry makes me want to throw up. But I'm glad you reminded me about her "singing" cd. While doing a little research I came across it. But I didn't have the stomach to listen to it. I can only imagine :)

Hey Jay!! Oh come on you and Bruce are too harsh on the little nitwit. I wouldn't throw her off a bridge. I'd just wrap her in a carpet and roll her down a bumpy hill. To see if it might jog some reality into her life.
But seriously though as I said to Bruce, when I hear how she is reacting I do really feel sorry for her because she quite obviously needs help fast. I'd settle for her making a good recovery...and then pulling a disappearing act :)

Hi Rashid!! Yeah that's the point I really wanted to make but couldn't help making bitchy remarks about Paris and those other celebrities.Hey I'm gay :) But check out what's on tv...or walk into any magazine shop...and what do you see EVERYWHERE but "celebrity" shite. People just lap that stuff up...and then they wonder why they don't know what the fuck is going on in the real world, and why they keep getting the rotten politicians ....they deserve. I mean I'm not against some fluff...but not all the time, everywhere, and at the expense of real news.The more ignorant people are the easier it is for tyrants to get to power and screw us all...

Anonymous said...

hahahahahahahaha!

Yeah, I think most people are too hard on her because she's ridiculously wealthy, does fuck all with it, and is spoiled rotten not just by her family but by society at large. And for a long time, was never held accountable for her fuckups.

She definitely needs help. Maybe these 40-odd days will be the start of her actually having her giant head shrunk...