Monday, July 21, 2008

Crazy Blogging on a Rainy Weekend


















I never expected to blog this weekend. But then I never expected it to rain all weekend either. And I don't even have an umbrella...or a PARASOL...like these two young lovebirds.

I mean really. Where the hell do they think they are........ JAPAN?????

Anyway as you can see the lousy weather is making me mean and CRAZY. So I thought I'd throw a post together and take the first two sunny days off. I'm afraid this post is going to be a bit of a mixed bag. But I'd like to start with some breaking news.

One of the Church of England’s most senior bishops has compared the consecration of a gay bishop in America to the invasion of Iraq.

“Either the rest of the world caves in or someone has to stand up to them.”

And an obvious question: To be an Anglican Bishop these days isn't it enough to love red dresses, gold bling, and shiny cockroach hats, believe in the deluded writings of hairy desert dwellers, treat women like camels, and have an unhealthy panting obsession with gay sex?

Or do you have to be a stark, raving kookamunga crazy old coot as well?

You know ..... thanks to these homophobes being gay isn't always easy. But somehow most us manage to survive. And I'm damned if I'm going to let these men in dresses bring me down.

I might be disappointed because I can't go surfing with him....















Because it's raining. There are no waves on the oily lake. And he's on a sunny beach in Israel.

But somehow I manage to keep laughing.

Oh! What are are their names again? OMG. What am I going to do with my gay brothers?

What would I do without them?

Which reminds me.... I also want to put in a good word for a decent straight guy...Steven Page ... who is having a midsummer's night nightmare.















You know it's NEVER a good idea to have a fight with your girlfriend. Force her roomate to sit on you in the garden. Have your girlfriend drive off in your car. Leave her car parked on the sidewalk with the door open. And then appear to snort coke while two cops....American ones.... watch you through the window.

On the other hand I suppose it could happen to ANYONE. And Steven Page is a really nice guy. He's cool, modest, funny, a strong supporter of progressive causes.

And when he's not farting around he can really ROCK.

So I'm hoping something good will come of this.

That it will help straighten up his life, and convince him and the band to stop singing for kiddies.

Get back to real rock n roll.

And stick to the good stuff.

Like Alcohol....




See what I mean?

BTW I'm dedicating that song to Shaney and his buddies in Australia. Something tells me those wild Aussie boys know that one by heart.

Now anyone know a song to make it STOP raining?

I need one BADLY...

No comments: