Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Israel, Apartheid, and the Hebron Tik Tok













It's terribly hot outside.

The air is yellow and smelly. The brokers on Bay Street are walking around in their underwear. The last pitcher of Sangria has been drained.I phoned the liquor store but it doesn't deliver.

So maybe that's why I'm having trouble making sense of this article by Martin Regg Cohn.

Mumble mumble...right....wrong...yes but...huh...WOT?

The QuAIA website declares, “There is no pride in apartheid, and QuAIA is dedicated to fighting it wherever it exists” — even though it turns a blind eye to Lebanese-style apartheid or pan-Arab homophobia.

There's a word for that kind of selective morality. I wouldn't call it anti-Semitism or hateful, though it goes beyond hypocritical.

It's hutzpah.

Hic...hic... hooray ! From hateful anti-semites to hypocritical hudzpa-hites...I guess that's progress eh?

But why doesn't he just come out and say it. It's all MADNESS.

But it all comes from the same place: the never ending occupation of the Palestinian territories.

I mean just checkout this new YouTube video of a group of Israeli soldiers patrolling the West Bank City of Hebron...



Uh oh. Tik Tok. Entertaining the Palestinians instead of killing them. I bet those guys are in trouble.

The clip had been removed earlier in the day from YouTube but reappeared later in several new versions, now pushing 200,000 viewers. One replaced the original title, "Battalion 50 Rock the Hebron Casbah," with "It's Easy to Laugh at the Occupation When You're the Oppressor (and a Douchebag)."

Groan. I should have known better to read a story about the Middle East on a brutally hot day. While living in Harper's Canada.

Martin...Martin...you don't know a liquor store that delivers do you?

OK. Never mind. Just try to remember this.

It's all madness.

But the occupation is to BLAME. 

----------------------------------------------------------

P.S. Don't worry about me eh? Sure I had heat stroke the other day. But I picked up a prescription from this nurse.

So now I'm feeling better...

No comments: