Friday, November 26, 2010

The Homophobe and the Supreme Court















When I heard that the absurd homophobe and fetush fetishist Bill Whatcott  was going to appear before the Supreme Court, I wasn't sure what to think.

On the one hand it will only give him more of the publicity he so desperately craves.

Just like this new documentary does...



On the other hand, I can't imagine a better spokesman for the anti-gay cause than a former drug addict, gay prostitute, thief, and jail bird. A guy who likes to prance about with the most  grotesque posters.

These include flyers with images of dismembered fetuses and flyers with pictures of diseases allegedly caused by gay sex. He also has protested at gay pride celebrations and outside abortion clinics. On occasion he has also taken up other causes, including distributing flyers describing Muhammad as "a man of violence" with images of a beheaded Indonesian girl.

A low creature who was so offended by Dr Henry Morgentaler being awarded the Order of Canada he wrote this:

“I got an image of the Order of Canada, crapped on it, wrapped it up and mailed it to the Governor General to communicate my utter contempt of her office, her arrogance, her anti-Christian/ anti-life bigotry and the now corrupted and irrelevant Order of Canada in general.”

Classy eh? Golly. After I read that and then I read this.

I've never been a fan of his methods. But I agree with his message. I also believe he has the right to free speech.

Someday he'll part of Canadian folklore, like Johnny Appleseed.

All I could think of was apple seeds popping out of What-the-Fuck's asshole. Pip...Pip... Plop. Gawd. Johnny Appleshit? What a HORRIBLE thought. I'm NEVER eating an apple again.

Seriously though... I'm a big believer in freedom of speech. I think that Human Right Commissions should probably relax a bit. And I get no pleasure from seeing Whatcott  hit with such a large fine. Because let's face it, his pathetic life is his own worst punishment.

But here's the thing, a lot of people forget it's not just a question of words, it's also about who they are directed at. The government has the right and the duty to protect minorities who are already under attack, from being attacked further just because of who they are.

A lot of people already hate gays and too many express that  hate violently.

So by attacking an already targetted minority as he does, he is only pouring fuel on the flames of bigotry, and endangering the lives of gay Canadians.

Which is why, in the end,  I'm glad the Supreme Court is going to hear the case. If only because it's about time people were educated about what it's like to be on the receiving end of all that bigotry. How it can hurt or KILL. And why we need to draw the line somewhere.

As for Whatcott, when he rails about "sodomites in our schools," maybe he should meet 14-year-old Graeme Taylor who stood up for a teacher who was suspended for trying to stop hate speech in his classroom.

And made an appearance on the Ellen Show this week...



When I see a proud gay kid like that I feel happy.

When I see a twisted bigot like Bill Whatcott I feel DISGUSTED.

Shame on that smelly homophobe.

Good for little Graeme...

No comments: